Road Driving Clinic
Race Lab's Road Driving Clinic is a fun, full day of driving on challenging roads; providing a unique learning opportunity and a great connection with other people who are passionate about driving. With events in all four seasons, you will have the opportunity to test your car control skills in a safe environment with all driving conditions including tarmac roads, snow, gravel, wet and dry.
Get the most seat time for your money and take defensive driving to a new level. Make a trip out of the city and let Crazy Leo lead a convoy to the best public roads around.
THREE KEY TEACHING POINTS at all Road Driving Clinics (regardless of surface or time of year):
Learn how to minimize the risk of head-on collisions:
- Head-on collisions are one of the deadliest types of accidents;
- Race Lab has designed a methodology to minimize the risk of collisions with oncoming vehicles while conducting advanced driver training for the Canadian Armed Forces. This knowledge is now available to the public.
Optimal Open Road Car Placement:
- While car placement will limit the risk of head-on collisions, it will also enable you to save money long-term on vehicle wear by being a smoother driver.
Reading the landscape (trees, power lines, lakes, buildings and more) in order to determine upcoming corner severity, elevation changes and surface conditions:
- Unlike the ‘advanced driving schools’ that teach on race tracks and skid pads only, we realize that people do not drive on race tracks in real life. Therefore, we have designed training that will help you master some of the most challenging roads you are likely to experience day-to-day;
- Vision is key in driving, and most ‘advanced driving schools’ teach students to look in two different places: far ahead and to “look where you want the car to go” in case of losing control. At Race Lab, we teach you to look at four different places, which makes you a more well-rounded, safe, and fast driver.
Race Lab's Road Driving Clinics will make you a more confident driver - guaranteed. Money back if you don’t love it!
$250 CAD *$160/extra driver
*If you wish to bring a second driver in the same vehicle, they will get the same classroom and one-on-one driver training as you, but will have to share the driving.Sign Up
Traffic laws are to be respected at all times, however the drive is still thrilling because of very technical roads.
We will be providing:
- Planned route, usually with 3 sets of roads that gradually increase in difficulty;
- Hand-held radios for communication in areas with spotty reception;
Classroom session / safety brief before the start of the day, including, but not limited to:
- Driving psychology;
- Minimize the risk of head-on collisions with Optimal Open Road Car Placement;
- Vision (looking at four places instead of two Deceptive corners);
- Reading and utilizing the landscape;
- Seating position and hand-over-hand steering technique demonstration;
- ABS vs. Non-ABS braking.
- Approximately 20 minutes of one-on-one training with Crazy Leo in your car;
- Additional one-on-one training with Crazy Leo available, please contact us for more info;
- On-the-spot group briefs with analysis of tricky spots or mistakes;
- End-of-day debrief with individual takeaways.
It was an unreal experience and I'd do it again in a heartbeat! Leo, thanks for all the coaching and tips, looking forward to the next time.Peter T.
This is therapy, all problems go away and you just driiiiiiiiiiiiiive!Sergei G.
I had a blast and you were all super awesome to drive with. So appreciate the low pressure.Diego K.
The BEST BEST day! A whole new adventure with one hell of a coach!!!! What more could I ask for?Katie S.
It was AWESOME! Thanks for the pointers and the guidance Leo, hopefully, will do it again soon!Maya O.